Темы по английскому и другим языкам

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Свободные темы

Сообщений 1 страница 11 из 11

Description of a person and a place

I'd like to speak about my friend Andrey and his flat. Andrey is fourteen. He lives with his parents not far from our school. Andrey has a lot of hobbies: he likes to play the computer, to read detective stories, to collect matchboxes. He has large collection of them. He likes animals, especially cats. He has got a cat Lastik at home. Andrey has short, light hair and gray eyes. He is quite short and rather thin. He always manages to be cheerful, energetic and full of life. My friend also reliable, shy and hard-working. He is helpful and honest. Andrey is very popular. He is a helpful person and every time he tries to do her best to help somebody when he has problems. Andrey is very attentive to his parents. Of course, he has some drawbacks - sometimes he is a bit stubborn. But still like him as she has a good sense of humor and pleasant to deal with. We spend much time together - watch video or listen to the music, walk or go to the cafe discussing all sorts of things. Our friendship helps me feel strong and sure of myself. He lives in a old flat in the Lefortovo. It is a three-room flat of a typical block of flats with a lift. His flat is on the fourth floor. As you enter his flat, you find yourself in a small entrance-hall, and from there you can go to the rooms: the living-rom, his parent's bedroom and his own room. Andrey use his room as a study and a bedroom. His room is a very comfortable one. It has its advantages, though it is the smallest room in his flat. The only window in his room faces the green park, which is situated near our house. It is so nice to look out of the window in a bright sunny day! The view is really wonderful. The walls of his room are papered in a design of gray and silver strips and the curtains on the window match the wallpaper perfectly. The built-in furniture doesn't take much space in it. There is a modern writing table with a reading-lamp on it. He always keep there his notes, text-books and pencils.On the little table there is a cassette recorder. You see, he is am fond of music and often enjoy listening to the lovely melody. His bed stands near the standard lamp. There are two water colors and his portrait on the wall above the bed. The floor in Andrey's room is covered with a thick carpet. Besides, he grows a lot of flowers in my rooms. You can see them everywhere: on the window-sill, on the bookcase, on the little table, on the walls. I take care of the flowers and water them regularly.To cut the long story short, I should admit that his room is very attractive and I like it very much.

Explorers

On 1 June, 1910, Captain Scott left London to begin his Antarctic expedition. On his way, he received a teledram from the Norwegian explorer Roald Amundsen: "I'm going South."

During the polar summer of 1910-11, both teams organised food depots in preparation for their expeditions.

Amundsen was the first to leave, on 16 October, 1911. He had teams of dogs pulling the sledges and all his men were on skis. Because of this, he made rapid progress. Scott left on 1 November and soon had problems. His two motor sledges broke down. Amundsen reached the Pole on 14 December and put a Norwegian flag there. Scott finally arrived at the Pole with his men on 17 January. They were devastated when they saw Norwegian flag.

The return journey was one of the worst in the history of exploration. The men were exhausted and were running out of food. Captain Oates and Edgar Evans died in spite of terrible frostbite. After their death Scott and two men carried on and got within eleven miles of one of their food depots. But then a terrible storm started and they could not leave their tent. Scott spent some of his last hours writing letter to his wife.

The news of Scott`s death shocked the world. The remarkable courage shown by Captain Scott and his men made them into heroes.

My favorite season

There are four seasons in the year. There are winter, spring, summer and autumn. My favorit season is summer, because I was born in summer. It is warm and sometimes hot. There are many fruits, berries and vegatables. In summer I can spend my time on the beach of lakes and rivers. I swim in lakes and rivers. I can drive my bicycle and our car. We go to the forest for looking for berries and mushrooms. We go to Slonim for a month. My grandmother and grandfather live there. My sister and I help them in the garden. And of course I like Summer very much because there is the longest holiday in summer.

Seasons and clothes

There are four seasons in the year. Each of them brings different weather and different dresses. When it is hot people wear T-shirts and shorts, light blouses and skirts, sport shoes, socks and sandals. In summer people dress like this in Africa, Russia, Canada, Ireland, Great Britain and America. In cold weather people usually put on warm clothes: jeans and trousers, sweaters and jackets, overcoats and caps. In winter they wear fur coats and fur caps, high boots and mittens or gloves. The proverb says: there is no bad weather, there are bad clothes. Another proverb says: everything is good in its season. When you think what to wear, choose the right dress. Think what is good at the sports ground and what is good at the party and why a long dress looks beautiful on a woman but is funny on a little girl. When you buy clothes, try them on, make sure that they are your size, that they suit you well and that you like their colour.

Seasons

There are four seasons in a year. Winter is the coldest part of the year. It is time when ground and tress covered with a snow. The rivers and lakes breezed. People try to get on more warm close. It's early get dark and sunrise is late. Sun is shine but not warm. But there is and leisure side of this season people is skiing, skating, play hockey and other winter games. After long cold winter come long-awaited spring. This is time of year when the trees cowered with a buds, ground with a green grass and beautiful flowers. Girls began takes off their winters close and show their beautiful bodies. Than goes the most likely part of year for all people. It's a summer. People goon vacations, to the country. Summer is the best part of the year for the students and scholars. After summer goes autumn. The weather is bad there are rainy and dry evenings. Dirty roads. Students and pupil begin learning. But one time, one famous man said: "The nature doesn't have bad weather".

Seasons

There are four seasons in a year: spring, summer, autumn and winter. March, April and May are spring months. Spring is the most pleasant of all the seasons of the year. The weather is getting warmer and warmer, everything changes and seems to revive. The trees begin to bud. Sometimes it rains, but there are no rough winds; the sun shines brightly. The grass is green and one can see a lot of flowers peeping out from it. In spring all the migratory birds return. They sing sweetly on the branches of the trees. The summer months are June, July and August. Summer is the hottest season of the year. The days are longest in summer. The longest day of the year is the 22nd of June. Some people like summer best of all. All of us enjoy summer with its cloudless sunshine, with its gardens and meadows full of flowers. There is a lot of fruit and vegetables at that time. In summer many people leave town and spend the hottest time in the country or at the seaside. After summer autumn comes. The autumn months are September, October and November. The warm days of early autumn arc called the "Indian Summer" or the "Golden Autumn". The "Golden Autumn" is really beautiful with its yellow, red and brown trees and golden leaves falling down. Autumn is the season of fruit and vegetables. But the days become shorter and the nights longer and darker. The weather is not so good as in spring and in summer. It often rains and the air gets colder and colder. Winter is the coldest season of the year. The winter months are December, January and February. The winter days are short and gloomy. It often snows and it freezes. Winter is a very beautiful season too. Some people like it very much. It is pleasant to walk when it is not very cold and it snows. The ground is covered with snow. The trees and the roofs are white with snow too. Winter also gives great opportunities for those who go m for winter sports. I think every season has a charm of its own.

Seasons

Winter, spring, summer and autumn are the seasons of the year. December, January and February are winter months. The weather is cold usually it snows. The days are short and the nights are long. The rivers and lakes freeze and we can go skating and skiing. March, April and May are spring months. It is very nice season. The weather is fine it is warm. There are many green trees in the streets in the parks and in the yards. Some time it rains but usually the sun shines brightly. The birds return from the hot countries and make their nests. June, July and August are summer months. It is hot or warm. The days are long and the nights are short. There are many nice flowers in the parks and squares in the summer. The pupils do not go to school they have the summer holidays. June is the first month of summer. We have the longest day and the shortest night in the year on the 21st-22nd of June. July is the middle month of summer. It is hot and sun shines brightly. The sky is blue and cloudless. August is the last summer month some times it is cold in August, but it is many mushrooms, berries and fruits. September, October and November are autumn months. The weather is changeable. It often rains. You can see yellow, red, brown leaves everywhere. It is time for gathering the harvest.

A man cooking meals and a woman using tools

There is a certain sort of a man in the world, a man who can be a good cook. If he marries a woman, who is a good cook too, there will be no harmony in their family. The man will always interfere in the kitchen. The woman will shout and drive him away. It is generally assumed that cooking is the housewife's job. Take for example, different advertisements. You can see a certain picture: a hungry man is sitting and looking expectantly at table, meanwhile his wife is bustling to and from the stove. Then she gives her husband a dish which ensures his adoration for ever.

Does he want to cook after this? Many people will reply: "He even shouldn't".

The idea that a woman should always cook is completely wrong. A man should be able to cook too, at least when his wife is out or seriously ill. So if a man can't cook, he should ask his wife to teach him.

And what about a woman who can't use tools? Sometimes her disability to handle a screwdriver can cause the same problems as a man's being unable to boil an egg.

The woman living in a manless household is often in panic when a fuse burns out, a door handle comes off, a tap leaks, and a wash basin refuses to empty freely. She has to call in an electrician, who sends in a bill, which exceeds his real deeds.

Actually at such a time a woman may realize that a short course of training in the use of tools would have saved her time, her money and her temper.

Learning Foreign Languages

Is it necessary to learn foreign languages nowadays? You can just go to the shop and buy an electronic translator. But is it capable of giving you really required information? More and more people come to a thought that electronic machine never will be able to replace human's brain. All over the world people are learning foreign languages. Everybody knows his own language, but another one is very useful. It is important to know it when we travel to other countries or when we must read foreign literature in the original. It is necessary in the 21st century when international cooperation is sat its highest level.

There are more than 2700 languages in the world and some of them are international ones.

English, for example is spoken not only in the British Isles and the USA, but also in other parts of the world. It is considered to be the international language by plenty of world systems and associations.

About 250 million people speak it as their mother-tongue, and another 200 million people use it as a second language.

It is next to impossible to define how many people are learning it.

If you know the language of a foreign country, you can talk to its people and understand what they say.

Nowadays it is not necessary to go abroad to communicate with native speakers. We live in the era of high-technologies and you can just enter Internet to have a talk with your friend from a foreign country.

There is no bad weather, there are bad clothes

Englishmen say "There is no bad weather, there are bad clothes", it means that they like all the seasons, all kinds of weather. Every season is good in its own way. Each person likes this or that season. It depends on his character, mood. They say that Pushkin liked autumn very much. This season is full of colours, bright and tasty. The sky is blue, but sometimes grey clouds appear. The sun shines but it begins to hide behind the clouds. Its rays are not so warm. Autumn is full of vegetables and fruit, mushrooms and berries. There is nothing like Indian summer in autumn. As for me, I like to walk on the carpet of bright leaves listen to the last songs of birds flying to warm countries, look at the nature. It is like a fairy-tale. It fades away and nothing can be done. Soon drizzling rains will begin and everything will be dull and sad. But still I like autumn. Winter in Usinsk is long and severe with dark nights, bitter wings and hard frosts. Even sometimes you can see a quiet winter frosty day. It is snowing. Fluffy soft snowflakes are falling to the ground making a beautiful thick carpet. The icecles glitter in the sun the snow sparkles like diamond. Going outdoors in such weather is pleasant. Many people go to the forests and enjoy sledging and skiing, playing snowballs and making a snowman. As for spring, people in Usinsk long for it and dream about it during long winter days. It comes late but suddenly. I don't like it because my town becomes grey. But spring is the beginning of new life. Nature awakens from its long winter sleep. The trees begin to bud and soon tiny green leaves will appear. Young green grass appear, fruit trees begin to blossom. Everything looks magic covered with green carpet. Nature looks full of promise. I like summer because we have holiday and enjoy resting after school year. In my opinion every season is beautiful and attractive.

Weather and climate

Climate is the weather a certain place has over a long period of time. Climate has a very important influence on plants, animals and humans and is different in different parts of the world. Some scientists think that the world is becomming hotter. If you compare Moscow winter and summer temperatures at the beginning of our century and at its end you will see that climate has really changed. Winters have become warmer. Sometimes there is little snow in January, and there were winters when it rained on the New Year's Eve. Many people say that it is so because of the greenhouse effect. During the last 100 years people have produced a lot of carbon dioxide. This gas in the atmosphere works like glass in a greenhouse. It lets heat get in, but it doesn't let much heat get out. So the atmosphere becomes warmer. Where does the carbon dioxide come from? People and animals breathe in oxygen, and breathe out carbon dioxide. We produce carbon dioxide when we burn things. Trees take this gas from the air, and produce oxygen. But in the last few years, people have cut down and burn big areas of rainforest. This means there are fewer trees, and, of course, more carbon dioxide! As we see the climate in different parts of the world changes a little from year to year. These changes can be dangerous for our planet, which needs protection. Earth is millions of years old, much older than the humans. We know many of its secrets. Yet there is still much to learn.

Рейтинг форумов | Создать форум бесплатно